RSS

4.10.08

Oatmeal Cookies

Aside from my husband, my father love my baked goodies particularly the cookies that I prepared the other week though he fancied a less sweet treat. So I decided to make a healthier snack. This week I baked oatmeal cookies.

The original recipe calls for a cup of sugar, I only used 1/2 cup and add 1/4 cup of maple syrup. The result was just fantastic.

Here's the recipe just in case you want to try it;

You will need:

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 large egg

1/4 cup maple syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant)

1/2 cup raisins (optional)

then

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla, egg and maple syrup. Mix well

4. Stir in the dry ingredients, then the oats and raisins.

5. Drop the batter by rounded teaspoon or with a cookie scoop.

6. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies won't look ready at 10 minutes but take out and let sit for 5 minutes in order to be chewy.

Storage: Once cool, store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.

I tasted the dough. It was really yummy. How could I resist it!

Scoop them like ice cream..yeah baby!!!

When I am baking I make sure that oven heats up to its asked temperature, so there, the oven thermometer comes in very handy!

After 12 Minutes, here are the yummy oatmeal cookies. It was chewy and not that sweet.

Have a bite!

I got a thumbs up from my father after his first bite :)

Have a happy weekend!

0 comments: