RSS

21.8.08

Under my Umbrella


Manila did not experience a good sunny day because of the typhoon Karen, So I wanted to take the day off which I usually do when there's heavy downfall but knowing that my ten year old niece went to school this morning made me drown in shame...hahaha

So even though the rain was hard, I armed myself with a trusty umbrella & jacket and off I go to work. As I was convincing myself that It would be a smoother way to the office, I was wrong...it was also hard to hail a cab or any form of public transpo (note: I do not know how to drive) I brave myself in that horrid rain. It took me 30-45 minutes to get finally a public transpo. After the traffic due to flooded streets and people stranded all over the place, I arrived work after an hour and a half (note:the usual time of travel-30 minutes) Hurray!!!

With all the rain, flood, and many people blocking my way to get a cab, I thought that my tummy was complaining due to starvation, hahaha. Good thing I brought the apple crumble, delivered yesterday from Dominos Pizza.



It's my sweet reward for myself.
So...have you experience this too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this any good? I don't think there's a Domino's in Manila anymore. And Yay! for the new oven. Your hubby sure is spoiling you!

Anonymous said...

Hi jeanny! Sana humupa na ang ulan sa Luzon. and yay too for the apple crumble, ginutom mo ako. hmmm, i have been meaning to get cbox in my account, i can't do it, paano ba gawin? i have been copying and pasting the codes, but i can't get it done.

fortuitous faery said...

i've experienced worst during typhoon season while studying at UST! you probably know how bad the flooding situation can be in espaƱa! hehe.