RSS

5.4.12

Pasta Puttanesca

I'm updating again :-)

Since it's a holiday, I had ample time to do some homecooking. 
I remembered one time, while having dinner at a cafe, my husband had, a plate of puttanesca. He loved his plate and asked me to prepare it at home. So, since I am a very mabait na wife (hahaha)  did some googling for this pasta sauce. I grabbed all the ingridients and  planned to prepare this dish this lent season. Bagay di ba?



To do this, you will need;

12 pcs of chopped anchovies but I used 2 tbsp of dried herring (tuyo). I used tapa king's bottled spicy tuyo
1 tsp minced garlic
1 fresh red chilli - deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
6 whole tomatoes, stewed and chopped or you can use canned tomatoes
1 packs tomato paste (150 grams)
1 Tbsp capers
1/2 cup sliced pitted olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
coco sugar (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
250 gm spaghetti

Then you have to;

1.Cook spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2.Heat the oil in a pot or large pan.
3.Saute garlic, dried herring or anchovies anchovies, and chilli in the hot oil for about 1 minute.
4.Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 2 minute.
5. sprinkle some coco sugar.
6.Stir in olives, parsley, basil, capers, salt and pepper.
7.Simmer for a further 4-5 minutes.
8.Add the pasta mix well with the sauce. If it's too dry drizzle with a little more olive oil.
9.Serve and enjoy.

My husband loves it. :-)






3 comments:

sheng said...

I wanna make some pasta now because of this post. The kids only love spaghetti but I will try fixing myself carbonara tomorrow.

Blog more often!

bursky said...

uy, i haven't cooked pasta for a long time now! this just might be the new recipe for me to try. :) i love the back story din, jeanny. haha!

hoteluri lara said...

I`ve tried this recipe and i`m really impressed, it has a very good taste. My both child tried it and they like it a lot. Thanks a lot for sharing.