RSS

8.3.09

Movie Friday

Photo swipe here

Last Wednesday, we learned that Alimall Cineplex opened last 13 February 2009, after a thorough renovation. The new Ali Mall Cineplex looks like a smaller version of Gateway Cineplex. Since it’s newly opened we expect a more cozy movie theater thus making us decided to see Watchmen the following Friday.

So that Friday evening…

we’re indeed right, inside the cinema was great. Sure seats, cozy compared to the old one. The clean restroom located inside the cinema and most of all the popcorn was great (love the parmesan and garlic flavor).

Anyway, on to our Watchmen experience.

I haven’t read the graphic novel yet therefore I cannot really compare though I can tell, the almost two and a half hour movie was incredible, it was fantastic. It was bloody,it was brutal, and lots of nudity but it all contributed in making the film worthy.

I was amazed at each character. All the actors did a splendid job in making each character unique on it's own. The awesome cast includes; Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan (he’s the blue naked guy), Matthew Goode as Ozymandias (genius partly evil superhero), Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian (the bastard superhero), Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl (the nerdy looking guy),Carla Gugino as Sally Jupiter (the retired superhero), Malin Akerman as Silk Spectra II (Dr. Manhattan and Night Owl's lady love) and Jackie Earle Haley as Rorscharch. His acting blew me away. He delivers a very memorable character. I keep on eying on him on this film as I find him very mysterious.

I have read some reviews and they said, the film was the graphic novel itself. :)

Anyway, I don’t want to go on further. If you’ll ask what the movie made me think right now. Well… I wanted to start reading the novel soon. :)

0 comments: